Our client is an audit and data analytics company and they have an urgent need for a SOX Auditor to perform audits and assist in executing the approved annual Internal Audit Plan and to identify opportunities where internal controls can be enhanced. Conducts SOX 404 compliance effort and special projects and management requests as required. This is a contract assigment for 3-6 months.
Essential daily duties will include:-
- Executes assigned portion of Internal Audit Plan including ensuring its completion that it’s performed against established quality benchmarks, and being completed in a timely manner.
- Prepares audit programs, performs audits, and prepares and facilitates remediation of audit findings for assigned audits including financial, operational, compliance, IT, and other types of audits.
- May supervise/review the work of other internal auditors.
- Assists in successfully executing their assigned portion of the Company’s annual SOX 404 compliance efforts.
- Assists in preparing audit reports for presentation to management and the audit committee.
- Performs follow-up on the status of any outstanding internal audit findings.
- Provides management via reports with the identification of best practices and opportunities for enhancing efficiency and effectiveness of operational, financial, and compliance processes.
- Interacts with internal customers and demonstrates a commitment to continually improve customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2+ years experience in internal auditing and/or external auditing
- SOX 404 compliance experience
- CPA is a plus
- Strong Excel skills