Atlanta, United States
about 1 year ago
Rapidly growing Dunwoody area professional services company is looking for a Senior Staff Accountant for a one-year contract with the possibility of converting to permanent status. Hourly pay in the $30-40 range, depending on strength of candidate.
Details of the position below. Interested and qualified candidates who are willing to make the one-year commitment are encouraged to email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.
Senior Staff. Accountant (one year Contract)
- Prepare the month-end and the quarter-end financial reports
- Prepare quarterly and annual preparation of the company's consolidation packages.
- Ensure the review of cost centers
- Ensure the preparation and review/analysis of monthly Trial Balance
- Work closely with FP&A to drive alignment between the general ledger and the Management Reporting process
- Research new accounting guidance from the IASB and other regulatory bodies, including evaluating the financial and operational impact of new standards on the Company’s financial statements and operations
- Maintain and update Company-wide accounting and finance policies as necessary, including creation of new policies for newly adopted accounting standards
- Work cross-functionally with finance and operational personnel on business transactions
- Support accounting and finance teams on technical issues including communication and training on new accounting guidance or new corporate policies
- Strong knowledge of consolidation reporting requirements
- Strong accounting knowledge, as well as a good understanding of the insurance industry
- Strong ability to clearly document, communicate and present complex accounting and reporting issues to finance and non-finance management
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Strong time management skills, ability to prioritize and good communication skills
- Must be detail and results-oriented with a high degree of accuracy, self-direction
- Critical thinker who can foresee potential obstacles and propose alternative approaches
- Experience in technical accounting areas.
- Advanced Excel, Cognos, SUN, Oracle, Hyperion
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- At least 5 years accounting/finance experience Public Accounting experience
- Preferred Active CPA license a plus