Alpharetta, United States
over 1 year ago
Senior Accountant – Inventory
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance (CPA or CPA track preferred)
- 3+ years of relevant experience in a fast-paced, high volume environment
- Strong technical skills, competence and ability to implement and streamline accounting best practices together with knowledge of US GAAP and internal controls.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to work with large volumes of data and interpret and analyze events/transactions and make informed recommendations and decisions.
- Strong attention to details, self-directed individual with the ability to juggle many different priorities/projects and work effectively in a team environment. Ability to communicate and relate to all levels of personnel within the organization including Account management, Logistics, Client Operations and IT teams as well as external clients as necessary to resolve issues. ERP software experience, such as Great Plains.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Prior audit experience
- Prior experience inventory accounting experience
- Prior experience with foreign currency transactions
- Assists Accounting Manager and Controllers in all areas of the inventory accounting process including but not limited to:
- Provide financial and operational support for inventory purchasing, 3 way matching of inventory POs, inventory receipts, and inventory invoices as required in Great Plains (ERP System).
- Assist in accounting for and valuation of inventory through analysis and reconciliation of inventory transactions and their financial impact. This includes preparation of schedules, investigation into causes of variances and adjustments and implementation of corrective procedures in response to the variances and adjustments and assists the Logistics and other teams in answering and correcting daily inventory issues that may arise.
- Support and the full Accounts Payable cycle by entering invoices timely with accurate coding to the general ledger and ensuring invoices for inventory are properly matched with purchase orders and item receipts
- Assure that all inventories are properly recorded and accounted for in the General Ledger.
- Prepare and analyze reconciliation reports of all Inventory related balance sheet accounts.
- Assist in the month-end close procedures and annual audit of Inventory, and any other related areas as needed.
- Work cross-functionally with IT, Account Management, and Logistics Departments to resolve issues and ensure proper inventory accounting and provide additional information as requested
- Perform reconciliation of equipment costs between claims administration proprietary software (HITS) and Great Plains (ERP) system; research and resolve discrepancies.
- Responsible for continuous improvement ideas and implementation in assigned area/ documentation of and maintenance of Corporate Inventory policies.
- Performs related work as assigned and assists with special projects.