Senior Accounts Receivable Specialist
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Daily processing of cash receipts and postings to customer accounts, including payments made by credit cards, wires, ACH’s and checks as well as other adjustments to customer accounts for credits/debits and account write-offs
- Research and dispute objectionable deductions and submit freight claims for damages/shortages
- Accurately record account status and maintain follow-up procedures electronically using GP Dynamics collection software
- Navigate customer’s web portals to obtain remittance and debit information daily
- Identify areas of concern and present ideas to correct or prevent future issues
- Research, initiate and resolve the resolution process for disputed, and or past due invoices
- Effectively communicates with leadership on any issues involving their assigned customer accounts
- Communicates with our customers via phone and e-mail to resolve any issues and reconciles assigned customer’s accounts monthly
- Associates degree in accounting/finance or equivalent work experience preferred
- Min. 5 years as a Accounts Receivable Specialist doing billing, cash apps, and collections
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - Builds relationships with fellow peers, management, and business partners
- Strong initiative and follow-up - A successful individual in this role is a self-starter and works independently with minimal guidance
- Open to feedback and working closely with a team to develop new skills; desire for continuous learning preferred
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and practices, as well as solid understanding of the Accounts Receivable process
- MS Office including Excel skills (v-lookups, pivot tables and basic formulas)
- Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains Software required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with meticulous attention to detail
Please apply in confidence!
firstPRO 360 is a professional recruitment firm that has been providing talented professionals with exceptional opportunities since 1986. We invest in building relationships with people and businesses to benefit the communities that we live and work in.
Our mission is to provide a seamless recruiting solution for both our clients and candidates. We take the time to gain an understanding of our clients’ and candidates’ needs and customize our recruitment process because each individual and company is unique.
As a part of Staffing 360 Solutions (STAF), a publicly traded international company, we combine our small business culture with enterprise level support, allowing our success to be built on a foundation of absolute integrity and the highest dedication to providing value both within and beyond our organization.