The Sr. Financial Reporting Analyst will perform specific analytical and/or financial functions including financial analysis, reporting, forecasting and completion of tasks consistent with department objectives. This position will be the subject matter expert for all aspects of labor related costs, including forecasting and reporting. The Sr. Analyst will be able to work through complex issues and develop creative solutions. They will plan and coordinate efforts across multi-function team efforts and lead projects as requested.
- Leads and advises on forecasting and monthly reporting/analysis for all labor related expenses across the organization.
- Prepares financial reporting packages with analysis (ex. budgets, actuals, KPIs), to meet client expectations and deadlines.
- Develop and enhance financial reporting by designing and implementing standardized reports.
- Develops sound first-pass expense forecasts through collection of key data points, driver based trend analysis and input from finance partners.
- Provides guidance and support to other analysts in the department.
- Identifies improvements and enhancements, documents and recommends appropriate course of action; and assists with implementing new processes.
- Supports and provides guidance to other functional areas, helps with questions and assists them with solutions.
- Independently gathers, interprets and analyzes information, makes assessments and completes reconciliations of data.
- Identifies problem areas when looking at information, seeing patterns, trends or missing pieces, and identifies the similarities. Questions inconsistency in financial data elements. Makes recommendation to resolve.
- 4-6 years of prior experience of substantial diverse financial planning, reporting and analysis
- BA/BS, Accounting/Finance; MBA or certification preferred (i.e. CMA, CFA or CPA)
- Advanced computer skills including Excel, Hyperion Smartview, PeopleSoft
- Solid financial, analytical and accounting skills
- Strong organizational skills and detailed oriented
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Understands financial/accounting systems and software relevant to area as well as relationships between the systems
- Analytical Thinking, inclusive of problem assessment and recommendation
- Planning and Organizational Awareness
- Advanced Analysis Problem Assessment
- Conceptual Thinking /Decision Making (Problem Solving)
- Ability to complete financial analysis without direction