- Oversees the global strategic sourcing and commodity management of an assigned category across multiple Global business units
- Supporting advance design engineering, new product implementations, strategic risk management actions and plant operations.
- Strategic exposure and recommendations to global PRG senior leadership as well as gaining consensus to create change throughout the organization.
- Create and continue to evolve a category strategy that takes into account client’s needs, the supply market, innovation opportunities and best cost value.
- Consults and collaborates closely with Global Business Unit’s Engineering and Product Management personnel in various design and procurement activities relative to new product designs, current product improvements and advanced supplier development.
- Independently prioritizes the completion of tasks and resolution of issues to ensure compliance to program deliverables. Contributes industry expertise and experience to the development of project timing.
- Continually hone and develop procurement engineering and leadership skills to make sure the business is the best in their class among competitors.
- Engage in proactive design and commercial relationships with suppliers to ensure the best cost, component reliability and service are provided.
- Coordinate efforts with Product Management, Engineering, and Quality in order to influence strategic procurement decisions globally at the Executive level.
- Perform in an independent role for the discovery and implementation of qualified suppliers and optimized material specifications in order to drive competitive advantage for the Company.
- Consult with facility materials management and finance personnel to implement balanced global sourcing solutions that support overall risk management and Operations objectives.
- Manage relationships with key supplier senior leadership teams to ensure sourcing decisions and supplier performances are managed for the best interest of the Company.
- Develop, prepare, and present data analysis to senior staff members documenting global commodity strategies, competitive supply chain positions, and supply base analysis information.
- Actively participate with Engineering, Quality, Product Management, Operations, and other internal organizations regarding new technology requirements, service level requirements as well as competitive cost pressures in order to determine appropriate sourcing and risk management strategies at the global and/or regional level.
- Provide strategic leadership and oversight for the assigned commodity to maximize business value and results.
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 10+ years of international procurement experience in a similar industry including negotiations and development of strategy
- Strong change management skills and knowledge of procurement best practices are critical.
- Ability to develop Strategic Sourcing, Commodity management, and Risk Management initiatives, ideally have had experience developing a commodity/sourcing strategy from the ground up.
- Ability to frequently travel internationally without restrictions.