We are searching for a .NET Application Support Engineer to join our team in Sandy Springs on a permanent basis. This role will usually require further investigation by reading and debugging code, performing SQL queries remotely in client environment and communicating with developers that have specialized in the related applications. The role will also be required to make code fixes and thus should have a general understanding of basic programming concepts.
If you enjoy communicating with people and like the immediate gratification of solving problems this is an ideal job for you. We have a relaxed work environment with 1-2 days remote work per week, full benefits, and 401K with match.
- Provides technical support to customers, answering complex questions on function and usage of product via the telephone and/or Internet.
- Be able to research client problems by delving into the code, this would include attempting to replicate problems and identify the root cause of issues
- Work on bug fixes as directed by a team leader
- Responsible for appropriate referral to other departments and quality assurance areas
- Adopt agile philosophies and contribute towards improving methodology implementation. Participate in source code and design reviews as required.
Skills & Requirements
- 5+ years of application support experience in Microsoft environment.
- Proficiency with SQL and relational databases.
- 2+ years of C# with the ability to troubleshoot bugs and make code fixes.
- Able to resolve general product problems via telephone or email support.
- Knowledge of network and PC architecture.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and logic skills.
- Experience with software diagnostic tools such as Fiddler and Wireshark
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field.