firstPRO is a full service, independent staffing and recruitment firm that has been providing talented professionals with exceptional opportunities since 1986. We invest in building relationships with people and businesses to benefit the communities that we live and work in. Our mission is to provide a seamless staffing and recruiting process for our corporate clients, candidates, and temporary staff. We take the time to gain an understanding of our clients’ and candidates’ needs in customizing our recruitment process as each position and department culture is unique. We are a certified Women’s Business Enterprise and have a family oriented business environment allowing our success to be built on a foundation of absolute integrity and the highest dedication to providing value both within and beyond our organization.
Senior Staff Accountant
The ideal candidate will perform Accounting -related duties on a professional level and works closely with the Corporate Controller, VP of Finance and Hotel Accounting teams, on key projects and organizational initiatives. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: financial statement preparation, monthly balance sheet reconciliation, accounts payable processing, daily revenue and cash reconciliations and other related finance projects.
- Preparation of monthly financial statements for assigned hotels, in collaboration with the Property Controllers and Corporate Controller.
- Reconcile Balance Sheet accounts for assigned hotels on a monthly basis.
- Daily and Bank Reconciliation for assigned properties
- Daily review of hotel revenues and posting in the General Ledger.
- Review of Daily Revenue and Labor Reports.
- Weekly Accounts Payable invoice and payment processing and review.
- Train Corporate Staff Accountants and be available for resource
- Assist in the review of Staff Accountants’ Bank and Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals.
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Maintains accounting records and compiles reports from the database.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Financial Reporting, General Ledger, Bank Reconciliations, Balance Sheet Reconciliations, Income Audit, Accounts Payable, Microsoft Excel, Training and Mentoring, Office Experience - General, Reporting Skills, Verbal Communication, Administrative Writing Skills
- Must have- 4-7 yrs related experience; hospitality experience in a recent role is a must
- Bachelor's in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related discipline
- Software: Expert Excel, SAGE 300 is a plus