Norcross, United States
10 months ago
Staff Accountant- Atlanta
Our client in the Atlanta area is looking to add a permanent Staff Accountant to their team! Targeting 1-3 years of experience and will pay $50-55K, depending upon experience.
- The Staff Accountant will participate in the overall financial reporting and month end close process to ensure the timeliness of the preparation of accurate financial statements.
- This position will require support of ERP development and implementation, and have experience identifying process improvements and efficiencies in transaction processing and month end close procedures.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts and prepare schedules on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis to be reviewed by Management in the Accounting department.
- Support matrix accounting organization including accounting activities for all US locations.
- Assist in the external quarter and year end audit process.
- Prepare accounting documents and journal entries as needed for US locations.
- Use Excel to upload journal entries and prepare reporting as needed
- Support ERP development and implementation.
- Support external quarter and year end audit process by preparing required documentation and work papers.
- Be able to communicate directly with department Managers/Supervisors about actual expenditures versus budgeted amounts.
- Use system resources to analyze expenses for month to month comparison and quarter / year to date comparisons and to answer questions timely from Management and /or other department personnel.
- Assist with maintaining the fixed asset system and the capital expenditure process by working with the appropriate department Managers and Supervisors and work with the other Accounting Staff.
- Assist with performing annual fixed asset cycle counts.
- Responsible to back up other accounting staff as necessary
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- As Staff Accountant, you must be detail-oriented and organized, possess strong oral and written communication skills, and be able to multi-task in a fast-paced results-oriented environment.
- In addition, you should be able to analyze and resolve problems independently and handle difficult situations tactfully and professionally.
Additional qualifications include:
- Bachelor's degree (BS/BA) required from four year college or university or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with ERP system
- Intermediate computerized accounting knowledge
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Must possess a positive attitude while working in a professional setting
- Must be able to meet pre-established commitments and deadlines, and be willing to adapt to change as company and departmental objectives change
- Must be effective in identifying and collaborating with team members and management regarding process improvements and efficiencies
- Must be flexible to work outside the core business hours or work overtime as required