Our client is a well-known brand in the entertainment and specialty publishing industry and they wish to hire an early career Staff Accountant that will oversee the day to day operations of accounts payable and accounts receivable, month end close process, credit card activity and bank transactions into the general ledger.
Essential daily duties will include:-
- Accounts Payable, purchase invoices, credit memos and payments as needed; Sorts, codes, and matches invoices to purchase orders; Matches invoices to checks; Enters supplier invoices into database etc.
- Accounts Receivable, tracks and processes customer credit memos, researches open customer balances and works to collect funds as fast as possible, issues, prints, and mails non-EDI invoices, reconciles EDI invoices with customer information using customer portals, applies incoming checks to customer invoices, prepares bank deposits and cash receipts, processes adjustments, credits and price corrections,prepares customer reconciliations using statements from customers etc.
- Month End Close
- Inventory/Supply Chain, tracks and records inventory movement, assists supply chain staff with periodic inventory counts,works with Production and Supply Chain staff to ensure that A/P invoices are properly entered into the ERP system, uses supplier tracker to ensure all supplier invoices are created and paid in a timely manner, creates fixed assets and runs monthly depreciation, periodically reviews Fixed Asset to determine which assets need to be retired, makes appropriate Journal entries etc.
- Prepares AR collection and cash flow reports and other ad hoc reports as needed
- Trains new credit card holders to code and upload receipts in the portal as needed, prepares SOP’s for key functions and makes sure they are up to date, assists during Financial audits to gather and prepare audit work papers
- Processes credit card payments for employee purchases, files documents as needed, confirms that Company records are properly secured and organized; and
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and Finance
- 2 to 5 years relevant experience
- Thorough understanding of AP/AR
- Intermediate knowledge of GAAP and month end close
- Good Excel skills