Growing and stable company has an immediate need for a Systems Administrator on a contract to perm basis. In this role, you will work on a systems team of three and be responsible for the overall coordination of IT Operations services to the business enterprise. Duties include supporting AD, supporting Exchange on-prem, Windows Server, Powershell modifications, Hyper-V, and SQL. The general breakdown of the position entails about 90% systems admin and a very small percentage of various networking support. The right hire will have strong Powershell experience and should be able to set up Windows servers as needed for Exchange 2016, Terminal servers, and file servers.
This is an excellent company work for, and upon permanent hire, they offer competitive base salaries, full benefits, and a 401K + match.
- Provide ongoing operational support of enterprise systems and network servers, IT and communications infrastructure ensuring highest level of systems availability.
- Installation, maintenance/support and optimization of the network enterprise; support firewalls.
- Monitor systems to ensure top performance.
- LAN administration duties as well as developing support.
- Develop tools and processes to automate tasks as needed.
- Perform routine maintenance on systems hw/sw.
- Coordinate quarterly audit reviews with department managers
- Research new technology.
- Assist with 24/7 availability.
- 7+ years systems administration experience including strong experience with Windows Server, MS Exchange, Active Directory, Powershell scripting, VMware or Hyper-V (Hyper-V is currently in use), Disaster Recovery, backups/restores, firewalls, routers, and SQL.
- Experience with Server builds and building encryption.
- Strong Active Directory experience including schema changes, password resets, account changes, running Group Policy against AD, etc.
- Support skills with Windows 7, Microsoft Office 2010, Remote Desktop Support.
- Working knowledge of antivirus and firewall solutions.
- Works well on a small team -- good attitude, chip in where needed.
- Currently running backup exec and going to move to an appliance backup - any experience here is a plus.
- Terminal Server experience; SAN (HP preferred); Bachelor's Degree, A+, MCSA, MCSE (2003 or higher).