Extremely stable company with an excellent work/life balance, telecommute, and great compensation has an immediate need for a Systems/Security Engineer. In this role, you will work in a well-rounded Windows systems and security role. You must have strong Windows engineering experience (not basic administration), and should be able to resolve vulnerabilities (not just basic patch pushing). You will work on the infrastructure team and assist with the design, build, and defense of scalable and secure systems. You will work on data center systems and the network, making sure cyber threats are understood and recognized while creating plans of action to project the network.
This company is known for being an excellent company to work for - they have low turnover and offer their employees many perks, including an excellent 401K, personal contribution w/match individual retirement plan, generous salaries and bonuses, telecommute, and other small perks that you never knew you wanted until you worked here!
- 7+ years of Windows systems engineering experience, including the ability to detect and resolve vulnerabilities.
- STRONG knowledge of Group Policies, advanced knowledge of Windows systems. Must be able to work through vulnerabilities and different layers, because different patches require a lot of time to figure out how they are applied and you have to work with development to make sure the patch doesn't break anything.
- They are open to ramping you up on their tools -- if you have Qualys or Splunk, that would be a bonus.
- Bachelor's Degree or Certs are required.
- Pluses - strong security experience is a plus but not required. You do not need to be a "Security Engineer." ; experience working with 3rd party vendors; SIEM exposure; Storage experience; Hyper-V.