Tax Administrative Assistant
Location: Alpharetta, GA
The Tax Administrative Assistant is responsible for supporting the Tax Manager
Responsible for the day-to-day planning, problem solving and execution of the following duties in support of the Tax Manager:
- Provide administrative support to the tax department in a manner that optimizes efficiency, resources, and client satisfaction.
- Process and assemble tax returns, and business registrations.
- Prepare tax organizers and registration letters in accordance with Tax Manager’s policies and procedures.
- Prepare correspondence, proofread, and format documents using Microsoft Word.
- Prepare and work with spreadsheets using Microsoft Excel.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Tax Manager.
- Prior work experience in an administrative support role performing clerical duties.
- Proficient in computer programs, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and database systems.
- Experience using office equipment such as fax machines, copiers, and scanners.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with basic math skills.
- Ability to work in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Superior organizational and follow-through skills with attention given to the details and deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision as well as work cooperatively with all levels of management and employees and contribute as a team member.
- Prioritize, plan, and organize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to operate with a sense of urgency.
- Prior experience with Vertex Tax Software (Preferred, but not required).