Our client is a market leader in the distribution of consumer products and is looking for a Tax Compliance Manager to join their team. This role will direct tax-related activities in accordance with the tax strategy to ensure the organization meets its tax obligations and objectives. Activities may include tax planning, research, compliance,reporting, filings, auditing and communicating with external tax agencies.
Essential daily duties will include:-
- Develop and implement compliance-related policies and procedures throughout the organization.
- Verify that all company and regulatory policies and procedures have been documented, implemented, and communicated.
- Conduct or direct the internal investigation of compliance issues.
- Act as main point of contact for regulatory audits.
- Design or implement improvements in communication, monitoring, or enforcement of compliance standards.
- Disseminate written policies and procedures related to compliance activities.
- File appropriate compliance reports with regulatory agencies. Identify compliance issues that require follow-up or investigation.
- Keep informed regarding pending industry changes, trends, and best practices and assess the potential impact of these changes on organizational processes.
- Research and troubleshoot issues as necessary in coordination with auditing process.
- Submit all regulatory compliance reports related to unclaimed property.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting, Masters' of Taxation is preferred.
- CPA designation preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience.
- A mix of Public and Industry is preferred.
- Experience with relevant software systems.
- Demonstrated proficiency in laws and regulations governing Tax and Payroll.
- Advance proficiency with Microsoft Excel.