Atlanta, United States
6 months ago
Our client is a leading supplier of technology solutions that enable companies to be more efficient and they wish to hire a Tax Manager with a focus on Sales Tax.
Essential daily duties will include:-
- Respond to both internal and external tax questions regarding taxation of the Company’s products and services, tax exemptions, etc.
- Research and resolve customer sales tax disputes
- Determine appropriate sales tax sourcing for products and services, including cloud based products, for complex multi-state transactions
- Analyze and review the impact of proposed tax laws as well as new product/service offerings to maintain Company’s sales tax matrix and ensure compliance with applicable tax laws
- Reconcile sales tax data including general ledger accounts
- Manage sales and use tax returns outsourced compliance process including filings, payments and notices
- Manage sales tax audits and refund claims; articulate and defend Company’s sales tax positions
- Manage customer tax addresses and assist with revenue apportionment data compiled for state and local income tax reporting
- Maintain sales tax calculation software including product and customer taxation set up and troubleshooting
- Manage business annual report filings outsourced process
- Prepare property tax returns
- Assist with other tax responsibilities such as making estimated payments, preparing forms and various reconciliations
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 7+ years of relevant tax/accounting experience
- CPA certification is a big plus
- Strong data reconciliation skills and general ledger understanding
- Experience managing sales tax calculation software. Experience with Vertex sales tax software products a plus.
- Experience with Great Plains software a plus