Atlanta, United States
8 months ago
Our client is a leading professional services organization and their workforce all work remotely. They wish to hire a Remote Tax Specialist for Indirect Tax and will provide state and local indirect tax consulting and compliance services to their clients mainly in the technology verticals.
Essential daily duties will include:-
- Preparing work-papers and filing state and local tax returns, property tax returns and other indirect tax returns.
- Research various indirect tax matters, including nexus and state filing requirements.
- Respond to notices received and participate in any sales tax review.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years experience in a broad range of state and local, property tax, annual reports, and other non-income tax processes and tools
- Industry and public accounting firm work experience with emphasis on indirect tax work
- Knowledge of state-specific filing requirements and tax notices
- Previous experience with multi-state tax work
- The ability to research questions or technical topics
- The ability to prioritize when working on multiple complex projects
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience with leading tax software
- Experience with international tax issues a big plus