Our client is a market leader, manufacturing essential products in a niche market. They are publicly traded and wish to hire a VP of Accounting to join their executive team. This role will oversee and lead a team of professionals responsible for the General Accounting function, Billing, Credit, A/R, A/P, General Ledger, Tax, Treasury, Procurement and adherence to GAAP and SEC rules and regulations.
Essential daily duties will include:-
- Lead build-out of a system of accounting and financial controls and procedures to meet all stakeholder requirements, reduce the close cycle, and allow for more timely and accurate financial reporting.
- Ensure that information (specifically financial and performance-related information) flows effectively and that all relevant parties (staff, leadership, Board) are provided with the information required to perform their respective responsibilities.
- Oversee monthly and quarterly financial close process.
- Lead and coordinate accounting inputs to periodic reports/ filings.
- Translate business plans into specific financial plans with measurable outcomes and defined accountabilities.
- Work to ensure that all day-to-day operations and activities are performed in a manner consistent with approved control policies and procedures.
- Provides key accounting input into the area of risk management.
- Serve as the Company’s primary contact with outside auditor and develop a constructive relationship.
- Provide direction and leadership to ensure that protocols and practices are compliant with SEC requirements.
- Work with the executive team to maintain financial performance; ensure that variances to the budget are identified and reconciled with adjustments made to best meet overall organizational priorities. Identify key drivers of financial performance and create management reporting tools to provide appropriate organizational accountability for these drivers.
- Ensure that the organization performs in compliance with relevant laws, regulations and risk management policies, and periodically review key internal controls
- Lead recruitment and retention of professional finance and accounting staff; help define responsibilities and levels of accountability for all staff; provide leadership in the development of staff and support a work environment that attracts and retains diverse and well-qualified individuals.
- Bachelors' Degree in Accounting or Finance, MBA preferred
- Big 4 experience
- 10+ years relevant accounting experience
- 3+ years in a Senior Accounting Management role
- Manufacturing industry experience
- Proficiency in corporate accounting and internal controls: GAAP, SEC rules and regulations including Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and state, federal and international tax required.
- Demonstrated experience in building and/or leading an Accounting function at scale is required.
- Public company experience
- Experience in growth company required.