Our client is a small but growing Manufacturing company and they wish to hire a VP of Finance that is looking to make to step up to CFO. The CFO will report to the Owner is a key member of the Executive Management team and is responsible for the overall financial functions of the company. This position oversees internal and external accounting operations and procedures including: preparation of budgets, financial reports, forecasting, and strategic endeavors. Working with the Owner to establish long range goals, strategies, plans and policies for the company.
Essential daily duties will include:-
- Monitor and develop the Accounting and Finance team, managing work allocation, systems training, performance evaluations, and the building of a cohesive, high performing team dynamic.
- Represent the company to banks, sureties, financial partners, auditors, and others as necessary.
- Remain current on best practices, as well as international, state, federal and local laws regarding company operations.
- Review and present monthly financial and budgeting reports, including monthly profit and loss by business unit, forecast vs. budget, and cash flow for the parent company, as well as any related companies.
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations to the Owner.
- Identify, develop and execute analysis of business initiatives and new service offerings.
- Manage financial planning and analysis department, supervising creation of reports, software implementation, and tools for budgeting and forecasting.
- Act as a strategic business partner to the Owner.
- Assess and evaluate the financial performance of the organization with regard to long-term financial goals, budgets, and forecasts.
- Provide insight and recommendations to both short-and-long-term growth plans .
- Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting or Finance, MBA preferred
- CPA a plus
- Manufacturing industry experience
- Small company experience
- Experience as a VP of Finance
- 10+ years relevant experience
- Strong understanding of GAAP
- Outstanding communication and presentations skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence and executive presence
- Excellent analytical, reasoning, and problem-solving skills; able to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis
- Hands-on leader willing to lead, motivate, and work alongside staff at all levels