Our client is a leader in their industry providing professional services in a highly competitive market. They wish to hire a Workday Payroll Administrator to assist with Workday configuration and support as it impacts Payroll earnings and deductions and future Workday Releases. The role will also ensure timely, accurate processing, recording and reporting of the semi-monthly multi-state payroll.
Essential daily duties will include:-
- Consult with stakeholders to understand the structure, policies, and operations of the organization and recommend Workday solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals.
- Perform system administration functions including set-up tasks, business process configuration, Release testing, and processing of EIB's
- Participate in steady-state projects like merit/bonus cycle and integration of newly acquired companies.
- Maintain the Workday GL Integration as updates are needed to the file
- Document and maintain Workday payroll procedures, user documentation and review weekly system updates.
- Troubleshoot, analyze, detect, identify and correct technical problems and deficiencies.
- Participate in the regular review and prioritization of Payroll, HR and Benefit systems projects
- Assist with the processing of the semi-monthly Employee payroll and monthly payroll
- Ensure that all transactions affecting payroll have been processed and paid correctly
- Set up and validate involuntary deductions such as levies and garnishments
- Set up and validate voluntary deductions such as parking, charity and health club
Review and validate payroll results prior to Completion and Settlement of Payroll
Perform pre and post payroll processing audits
- Perform reconciliations as necessary on payroll accounts
- Maintain all payroll records including employee payroll files
- Maintain a strong understanding of Federal, State and Local Tax regulations
- Perform daily payroll department operations
- Process accurate and timely year-end reporting
- Review tax withholding set up and tax reports
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3 years of experience processing full cycle multi-state payroll preferred
- CPP preferred but not required
- Technical experience with Workday HCM and Payroll required, able to perform system administration functions including set-up tasks, business process configuration, release testing etc.
- Experience with full-cycle, multi-state payroll
- Working knowledge of payroll best practices and federal/state regulations
- Proficient in Excel